Home Health Care
Our goal is to restore a patient's health to the highest level possible while in the comfort of their own home. Home Health is designed to empower independence and coach patients and their families how to best care for themselves. Skilled interdisciplinary clinicians work diligently to include patient and family participation in developing their plan of care. The development of the plan of care may include patient safety, education on disease processes, home exercise program, medication management, and caregiver training.
Specialized services include:
- Physical Therapy - Improve mobility, increase strength and balance, surgical aftercare, caregiver training, and educate on pain control.
- Occupational Therapy - Help with recovering life skills
- Speech Language Pathology - Assist in developing effective communication, safe eating and swallowing techniques, and cognition
- Registered Nurses - Wound care, diabetes education, home infusion therapy, medication management, colostomy care, catheter maintenance, pain management, oxygen therapy, and disease management
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) - Provide assistance with bathing and dressing
- Medical Social Worker - Coordinate home and community support services
- Dietitians - Educate and implement a healthy diet plan
We work with Medicare, Medicaid and other commercial insurances. Our Home Health agency is accredited and regulated by The Joint Commission, and Washington and Oregon State Department of Health
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I initiate Home Health Care?
Home Health requires an order from a physician.
Do I have to be homebound to receive Home Health?
Medicare patients are required to be homebound in order to receive services. The clinician can assess your homebound status at the first visit.
What does “homebound” mean?
As per Medicare, “patients should be such that there exists a normal inability to leave home and, consequently, leaving his or her home would require a considerable and taxing effort.”
Please call us any questions you may have regarding Home Health Services at 509-525-9006 or send an email to us at WWHomeHealth@ah.org.