Spiritual Care & Hospital Facilities
At Walla Walla General Hospital we understand that your spirituality is an important element of your healing. For this reason, every employee at WWGH seeks to support you spiritually, as they care for you medically.
Among your team of caring professionals are those who have made spiritual care their specialty – our chaplains. Chaplains provide spiritual and emotional support that grows from and respects your background, religious and spiritual history as well as your present needs, preferences, resources and hopes.
Below are some of the services that our chaplains provide:
- Spiritual care that respects and supports your personal beliefs and practices
- Someone to listen - providing a supportive and non-judgmental environment to share your thoughts, feelings and ideas
- Help facilitating ritual or prayer
- Help contacting a local minister - upon your request
- Bereavement support
- Spiritual and emotional support for patients, their families and hospital staff
- To speak to a chaplain, please tell your nurse or call 509-527-8000 ext 1848.
Our chapel is open to all, providing a peaceful place for reflection and comfort. The chapel is located near the patient care units and across the hall from the pharmacy department.