Visitor Hours & Guidelines
Visitors can be good medicine for patients at Walla Walla General Hospital. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern, and in order to enhance our quality of care, visiting guidelines have been established. Listed below are general guidelines for visitors:
- People with colds, sore throats, or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visitors are encouraged to dress appropriately and wear shirts and shoes.
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital We are a smoke-free campus.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the doctor or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Any personal information about patient diagnosis and treatment must come from the physician, and this information is only available to members of the immediate family who have been designated to receive it.
There are specially designed lounge areas for visitors. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care unit, emergency center and same day surgery. A member of our volunteer department may be on duty in the surgery waiting room to keep family members informed about the progress of the surgery.